Friday, May 9, 2008

Letter Home

Assignment: Pretend you are a soldier and write a letter home or a journal entry of a personal account of your experiences and how war has effected you.

Dear Mom,
First off, I want to say that I love you, and I miss your hugs so much.
I am tired of this, tired of everything. I cannot count the number of people I have seen that have no homes anymore. It seems like everywhere we go, the bombs have kissed the land, leaving behind broken buildings, and broken towns. What's really horrible is that for every homeless, tired, unfortunate person I see traveling the roads, there is a dead body lying somewhere in the streets. I know you don't want to hear about things like this, but on the bright side, my unit hasn't run into much trouble, since we're far from the front lines of battle. I am going to be fine, so don't worry too much about me, I'll make sure I get back home safe, promise.
Your Little Girl

No comments: